Usually, video games in the vampire genre are based on the mythical monsters known as vampires, which are frequently depicted in folklore and myths. These games frequently have vampires as the main protagonists/characters or focus on vampire-related plots, skills, and environments. In vampire video games, players can assume the role of a vampire hero or engage with vampires in the game’s setting. These games frequently combine aspects from the adventure, horror, and role-playing genres. Players can interact with ambient landscapes, participate in combat, work out riddles, and make decisions that have an impact on the game’s plot.
Themes of immortality, extraterrestrial abilities, bloodlust, and the conflict between humanity and the sinister nature of vampires are frequently explored in vampire video games.
If you think that vampire movies are cool, well… you should know that the vampire games are, too! Vampire games aren’t exactly a distinctive genre, but an umbrella term for the games speaking about or featuring vampires. These games might be action-oriented, FPS games, role-playing games, or similar, but they have one thing in common and that’s vampires. In today’s article, we are going to do a sneak peek at some of the best vampire games for PC, so you can quench your bloodthirst. Below is the list of 22 best vampire PC games.
Vampyr is an upcoming title that you can expect in Spring of 2018. Well, that’s not a lot of waiting, if you ask me! This game puts you in a role of Dr. Jonathan Reid, a doctor and a vampire who seeks to save the city from the dangerous flu. However, Dr. Jonathan is a newly-turned vampire and he must find a balance between curing the city and draining the blood from the ones he vowed to cure and protect. Vampyr is an action game that combines a great atmosphere and role-playing elements which promise a lot. From what we’ve seen, Vampyr is going to be a hell of a game… literally!
- Action game with a vampire protagonist.
- Combines a great atmosphere and role-playing elements.
- Focuses on balancing between curing the city and feeding on its inhabitants.
2. BloodRayne 2
BloodRayne is the most popular female vampire in games and I think I know why. She is very hot, attractive and beautiful and you don’t want to mess with her! While the first BloodRayne 2 was an amazing WW2 game that focused on killing Nazis, the second game is quite different. BloodRayne 2 has a somewhat gothic feeling to it, letting you fight against the other vampires and monsters along the way. It’s a completely different experience from the first game, bringing an amazing hack-and-slash action in your face. It’s a singleplayer game, so you’ll be slashing and dashing on your own.
- Gothic hack-and-slash action game.
- Features a female vampire protagonist.
- Fights against other vampires and monsters.
3. Dracula: Origin
Unlike the first two games on the list, Dracula: Origin ditches the action-packed gameplay in favor of great storytelling. If you didn’t know, Dracula is a legendary vampire who once believed in God, but lost every bit of faith since he was abandoned by the loved ones. And now, you are here to uncover the dark secrets of Dracula, as he makes a pact with the Prince of Darkness and becomes a vampire that everyone is afraid of. I know it’s a less popular game, but usually, these games are the most fun.
- Story-driven gameplay with an emphasis on storytelling.
- Explores the dark secrets of Dracula’s origins.
- Less action-packed, focusing on narrative elements.
4. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Speaking of Lord Dracula, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is here to even better introduce you to this monstrosity. Lord Dracula is back once again and he is thrown into a new hack-and-slash adventure to prove to you how badass he is! The game begins with Lord Dracula being weakened as unknown army hunts him, however as the game progresses, Lord Dracula becomes a serious enemy of Satan. The fact that you are fighting against SATAN himself in this game made my blood boil! And yes, the final boss fight is intense as fuck!
- Hack-and-slash adventure game.
- Features Lord Dracula as the protagonist.
- Intense battles against enemies, including Satan.
5. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II is released in 2014, and if you ask me, it’s severely underrated. I mean, if you like games like Demigod or Diablo III, this game is awesome. It’s an action RPG title, that focuses on great storytelling which can be experienced alone or in multiplayer. Furthermore, the game looks amazing and offers a real-time combat mechanics, which is a HUGE plus. I love real-time games; they are challenging and always fun to play. The Winter Sale is still at large, so buy it for just a couple of bucks!
- Action RPG with a focus on storytelling.
- Real-time combat mechanics.
- Can be played alone or in multiplayer.
6. BloodLust Shadowhunter
The WRF Studios, a developer of this game isn’t that popular, but I’m glad that BloodLust Shadowhunter is an amazing effort. This is for the true vampire lovers, as the game features some of the best storytelling and singleplayer experience I’ve ever had. There isn’t a multiplayer mode, but you don’t even need it due to amazing dungeon-crawling gameplay and lots of stuff to do. You’ll be exploring a little-known Vampire society and learn more about their way of life and discipline. It’s immersive and drags you in as soon as you start playing it. I love this game!
- Singleplayer game with immersive storytelling.
- Dungeon crawling gameplay.
- Explores the vampire society and their way of life.
7. Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi
I remember playing Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi with my father when I was a kid, and damn! This game was the scariest PC horror game I’ve ever played. To make things worse, the game is limited to around two hours because you begin at around 9 PM in game’s time and when the midnight comes… well, you’ll be screwed. Did I mention that this is strictly a singleplayer game? That means that there is nobody to save your ass from being eaten by the vampires. See you at the Malachi castle!
- Scary horror game with limited gameplay time.
- Strictly a singleplayer experience.
- Survival against vampires with no assistance.
8. The Witcher 3- Blood and Wine DLC
The Witcher 3- Wild Hunt is a game that needs no special introduction. It’s an amazing open-world game for PC gamers with lots of stuff to do. Being a very popular game, The Witcher 3 has some pretty cool downloadable content like Blood and Wine. It’s the second and the last DLC for the game featuring some scary vampires and a brand new world to explore. As much as it’s beautiful, colorful and vivid, the open world of Toussaint is a dangerous place and a home to bloodthirsty vampires. It’s nothing less interesting than the original game, and that’s why CD Projekt RED is one of the better game developers of today.
- Open-world game with an expansive world to explore.
- Features vampires and a new story in the DLC.
- Beautiful and vivid open world of Toussaint.
9. Vampire: The Masquerade- Bloodlines
Vampire: The Masquerade- Bloodlines isn’t a well-known game, but that speaks literally nothing. It was released in 2004, and being an old PC game, it doesn’t look very well. However, the game blends so many elements in its gameplay that it almost has an identity crisis. Don’t get me wrong, though, the game is awesome when it comes to first-person combat as well as some classic RPG elements. If you like a traditional vampire story with a touch of action, then this is a great game for all of you bloodthirsty bastards!
- First-person combat and classic RPG elements.
- Traditional vampire story with action elements.
- Blend of different gameplay elements.
10. Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain
Do you sometimes wonder what game could you purchase for a less than a single penny? Let me give you the answer, it’s Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain. Why not? The game will immediately give you a strong feeling of nostalgia, as this was an amazing game at the time. Blood Omen 2 puts you in a role of Kain, whose vampire brethren are almost extinct and killed by an unknown warlord. Kain wakes up to see a world that is unknown to him, and there you are… slashing and killing your way in order to find the truth.
- Action game featuring the vampire Kain.
- Focuses on slashing and killing enemies.
- Uncovering the truth about the warlord’s actions.
11. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Another great vampire game about Kain is no other than Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. This Kain must be very dangerous since he appears in several games, huh? Try and cross his line if you dare! Unlike Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain, this game is about Raziel who is on a quest to vengeance against Kain, who executed him. As the two powerful vampires are going balls-to-the-wall against each other, expect nothing less than an unforgiving difficulty and some badass combat sequences.
- Action game centered around the vampire Raziel.
- Revenge quest against Kain.
- Challenging combat and unforgiving difficulty.
12. BloodRayne: Betrayal
BloodRayne series is so good that it even has a spin-off in a form of a 2D game. Once again, femme fatale, Rayne returns to battle, and she is thirsty for your blood! In fact, Rayne is so cool here and that’s what makes the game amazing. There’s blood everywhere, the enemies are creatively designed and the levels combine lots of action and platforming. BloodRayne: Betrayal is a highly violent PC game, but I expect nothing less from a vampire game. Let the blood spill!
- 2D spin-off game from the BloodRayne series.
- Highly violent and action-packed gameplay.
- Combines action, platforming, and blood-spilling combat.
13. Slayer Shock
Slayer Shock is an indie FPS game set in Nebraska. Who would think that Nebraska can be such a cool environment for vampires? Hunting vampires in the streets of Nebraska was never this fun. Grab some weapons, assemble your team and rescue captive humans in order to strengthen your team. Slayer Shock offers some cool firearms, crossbows and melee weapons, so feel free to kill your enemies however you want. Don’t let the vampires’ fangs get you; rule Nebraska and become an ultimate vampire slayer.
- Indie FPS game set in Nebraska.
- Vampire hunting gameplay.
- Rescue captive humans to strengthen your team.
14. Dracula: Vampires vs. Zombies
Dracula: Vampires vs. Zombies isn’t about Dracula, but an ultimate carnage between zombies, vampires, and humans. And guess who you are? A miserable human trying to survive the hordes of zombies and vampires with a bow and an arrow. The game is spooky as hell, especially because it’s a VR game. A fast-paced gameplay works wonders here so it’s needless to say that it’s an excellent vampire and zombie shooter. Be careful, though. Vampires are very creepy in this game. It can be also considered as one of the best Zombie games for PC.
- VR game with intense vampire and zombie shooter gameplay.
- Spooky atmosphere and fast-paced action.
- Play as a human surviving against hordes of vampires and zombies.
15. The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard DLC
The Elder Scrolls V is an epic game in every sense of that word. Being released in 2011, it’s a bit older game, but still very atmospheric and addictive. Do you need an introduction to the game? The huge open world, tons of monsters to kill and dungeons to explore is what you should expect from Skyrim. Dawnguard DLC is here to bring some vampires to the game. It’s like it wasn’t cool without them, so let’s throw them in and make the game much more badass!
- Open-world RPG with a vast world to explore.
- Dawnguard DLC introduces vampire-related content.
- Engage with vampires in the dangerous world of Skyrim.
16. The Sims 3: Late Night
While The Sims 3 isn’t the newest game in the series, I must admit that it has some pretty good expansions like Late Night. Nonetheless, this is still a classic Sims game, a life-simulation title with the addition of vampires. Actually, The Sims 3: Late Night allows for faster learning speed and reading minds since your Sims is consisting of vampires. This expansion brings dozens of great stuff for the vampires, encouraging you to be a respectable vampire in the Sims community.
- Expansion pack for The Sims 3 life-simulation game.
- Adds vampires to the gameplay.
- Vampire characters gain unique abilities.
17. Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars
In the turn-based strategy game Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars, you command a strong vampire clan. You must manage your clan’s resources, grow your territory, and engage in tactical combat in this gothic world where vampires rule. You can unleash strong skills and strategies in the game since it blends traditional turn-based action with distinctive card dynamics. Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars is a gripping strategy experience for fans of vampires with its ominous and moody backdrop, rich story, and difficult gameplay.
- Turn-based strategy game with a gothic vampire setting.
- Manage resources and territory as a vampire clan.
- Engage in tactical combat with card dynamics.
DARK is a stealth game focused on a vampire hunter on a path to vengeance. It’s like a Splinter Cell of vampire games, but the AI isn’t that great. However, DARK offers you a great RPG experience where you can buy new powers, level your character and improve your overall stats to be an ultimate vampire. DARK didn’t reinvent the stealth genre and it’s a little generic, but what more do you need? I mean, for the price this low, you can’t find a better looking and satisfying game than this one.
- Stealth game with vampire hunter protagonist.
- RPG elements, including character progression.
- Generic stealth gameplay but visually appealing.
19. A Vampyre Story
A Vampire Story is exactly what it sounds like. A compelling, story-based game about Mona, a vampire who is held captive by her tormentor, Baron Shrowdy von Kiefer. A point-and-click adventure such as this offers an amazing storytelling and some pretty cool gothic locations that you can explore. On top of that, this is a character-rich game, so expect a great adventure and variety when it comes to a story development. Exchange your coffee with a cup of blood and enjoy the late evenings with this game!
- Point-and-click adventure game with a vampire theme.
- Humorous and whimsical storytelling.
- Solving puzzles as a newly turned vampire.
20. Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon
Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon is a game developed and published by Microids, a company that stands behind the Still Life game. This game developer is known for great story-based games and complex puzzles that take time to be solved. With that in mind, Dracula 3 was released and it’s another puzzle game, which marks an interesting approach to a Dracula game. Aside from that, Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon looks solid and has an interesting sound design, boasting some of the gloomiest tracks I’ve ever heard. Overall, a solid game for a cheap price.
- Fighting game featuring classic characters from the Darkstalkers series.
- Unique character abilities and special moves.
- Enhanced visuals and online multiplayer.
21. Shadows of New York
A new self-contained story set in the same environment is available in Shadows of New York, a standalone extension to Coteries of New York for Vampire: The Masquerade. You must look into a string of murders in New York City as a member of the Lasombra family, learning about sinister secrets and dealing with the results of your decisions. The game has a gripping story, lovable characters, and a distinctive visual aesthetic that perfectly portrays the ominous and enigmatic feel of the World of Darkness. The compelling vampire story of Shadows of New York is centred on moral uncertainty and human struggles.
- Standalone extension to Coteries of New York.
- Investigate murders in New York City as a member of the Lasombra family.
- Gripping story with moral uncertainty.
- Lovable characters and distinctive visual aesthetic.
- Explores sinister secrets and consequences.
How can I miss this game? BloodRayne is a legendary game and one of the first vampire games of my childhood. Back in the time, I must admit that it was very spooky. Killing Nazis was never this fun with BloodRayne, as you disembowel them with your arm-attached blades and use various WW2 weapons to eradicate your enemies. Graphically, BloodRayne didn’t invent the hot water, but it serves great for this type of game. It’s violent, it’s bloody and gory as never before! Get your daily dose of nostalgia with this epic vampire game and spill some goddamn Nazi blood!
- Vampire action game set during World War II.
- Kill Nazis with arm-attached blades and WW2 weapons.
- Graphically violent and gory.
- Nostalgic vampire-themed action.