If you’ve ever experienced the frustration of high ping and lag in competitive games, you will know how crucial it is to choose the correct server for optimal gameplay. Do you play Valorant and rank mode keeps throwing Diamond rank pro players at you? Or are you constantly matched with noobs? Maybe you just want to play with your friends in another part of the world, but you can’t since your server is different. Whatever the case may be, we are here to help! Let’s look at some of the quickest and most effective methods to change your server in Valorant:
Know the difference between Region and Server
Many players might not know the difference between a server and a region. A region comprises many nearby servers you can connect to and play in. Now, you will need a VPN or shift to another region (usually a country) to change your region or use a server in another region. As for changing servers within a region, you can quickly achieve that within the game. Here’s how:
How to change region in Valorant
- Launch Valorant on your PC.
- Click on the Play button.
- Now hover your cursor on the cog or hamburger icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- From the drop-down list, click on the server you want to use, and you are done!
How to change server region in Valorant by making a New Riot ID
- Download and install any VPN of your choice on PC.
- Turn on your VPN and set it on your desired server location.
- On your web browser, go to the Riot Games login page.
- Create a new Riot Games ID / account.
- After this, you can turn off your VPN and simply launch the game.
- Log in to the game usually, and you’ll be able to play with players from the chosen location.
Change Region from the Valorant Support page
- Launch your web browser.
- Go to the Valorant Support Page and log in.
- Manually change your region to your desired server location.
- Confirm your decision on the pop-up screen and you are all set.
Note: This method will change your region permanently, so if you like frequently jumping between servers, other methods mentioned above might be better suited for you.
Why use a VPN for playing Valorant
The most frequent cause of high ping is that it makes games seem sluggish and unresponsive. This is particularly true if you are playing on a server that is far from where you are physically located. If you wish to play with friends who live in a different area, it is a crucial reason to transfer servers.
Furthermore, switching servers can help you avoid more common cheating incidents on specific servers. Other servers may provide better features according to your tastes and playing style. To discover the best server that meets your demands and improves your overall gaming experience, it is essential to conduct research and compare servers.
In Valorant, switching servers is a quick and easy process that can significantly enhance your gaming experience. The server selection panel contains everything you need, whether you want to lower your latency or play with friends in another area. Just remember to make educated decisions and be ready for any potential language or legal challenges.
Be aware that switching servers may have an impact on your rank and game progression, so be careful to consider that before making the transition. Be ready to modify your gaming in accordance with the fact that certain servers could be more competitive or have greater skill levels than others. Finally, don’t be afraid to try out various servers until you find the one that best suits your playstyle and you.