Apex Legends is a battle royale game that has taken the world by storm. After dropping from the sky, you compete against other players to be the last one standing. Players can enjoy the game on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation. One of the great things about Apex Legends is that it allows players to link their accounts with their Steam accounts. This will enable players to access features like voice chat and stat tracking while playing the game. This section can check how to link the Steam account to Apex Legends.
1. Use Steam Client to Link the Account to Apex Legends
Linking your Apex Legends account with a Steam account requires you that, besides having the latter account, you have also downloaded the Steam client. Once you have the Steam client installed, launch it and log in. After that:
- Open the Apex Legends game page on the Steam store and click the “Install Game” button if you haven’t.
- This will add the game to your Steam library. Once the game becomes available within your library, you can find it by clicking on “Library” in the Steam client.
- When you launch Apex Legends, you’ll be given the option to sign in with your EA account or your Steam account. If you select EA, you’ll be asked to enter your EA account credentials.
- However, if you select Steam, you should see a message that states “Welcome back, (Your Name)! You’ve successfully linked your Apex Legends account with your Steam account.”
- From there, you’ll be able to access all the features that are available to Steam users.
2. Linking Apex Legends to Steam Account via Store
Go to the Steam store and search for Apex Legends. Now:
- Click on the game page and scroll down to the “Links” section.
- Under the “External Links” heading, click on the link that says “View in Browser.”
- This will take you to the Apex Legends website.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Sign In” button.
- Do the same things explained in steps 3 through 5 in the method above.
3. Using Origin Client to Claim Steam Game Key
Open the Origin Client and log in. Then:
- Click on the “My Account” tab.
- Click on the “Redeem Product Code” button.
- Enter your Steam key when prompted.
- Click on the “Claim Your Key” button.
- Follow the instructions to finish linking your Steam and Origin accounts.
4. Link Apex Legends to Steam Account via EA Desktop App
If you want to use the EA Desktop App to connect your Steam and Apex Legends accounts, start by opening the app and logging in. Once you’re logged in:
- Click on the “Apex Legends” tab.
- On the Apex Legends page, click on the “Link Account” button. This will open up a new window where you can enter your Steam credentials.
- Once you’ve entered your Steam username and password, click on the “Sign In” button.
- After you’ve signed in, you’ll be taken to a new page where you can select which features you’d like to enable for your Apex Legends account. Make sure that the “Voice Chat” and “Stat Tracking” options are checked off before clicking on the “Finish” button.
That’s it, you’ve now successfully linked your Steam and Apex Legends accounts. Now that you know how to link your Steam account to Apex Legends, you can take advantage of all the available Steam features. For example, you can use the Steam overlay to access your friend list and voice chat while you’re playing the game. You can also use the Steam client to track your stats and progress in Apex Legends.