Potions can come in handy if you’re playing Minecraft in Survival Mode. You can use potions to heal, speed up your mining, or even see in the dark. Potions are made from water bottles and various ingredients. The material you need depend on the type of potion you want to make. Minecraft has three types of potions: basic, extended, and splash, and we’ll teach you to make them all.
Basic potions have no special effects and can be created by combining water bottles with a few different items. Extended potions have one or more special effects and are made by adding ingredients to a basic potion. Players can throw splash potions to affect nearby players or mobs. If you don’t know and are still searching for methods to make motions in Minecraft, this is the right place for you. First, here’s a list of some potions you can make in Minecraft:
- Health Potion — Restores health.
- Night Vision Potion — Increases your vision in low light levels.
- Invisibility Potion — Makes you invisible to mobs and players.
- Speed Potion — Increases your movement speed.
- Fire Resistance Potion — Grants immunity to fire and lava damage.
- Strength Potion — Increases your attack damage.
- Water Breathing Potion — Allows you to breathe underwater.
1. Gather materials for potions
To make a potion, you’ll need to gather the ingredients you’ll need. These are a few examples:
- Players can find a Nether Wart growing in The Nether. Getting there requires building a portal out of obsidian blocks. Once you’ve created your portal, light it on fire with a flint and steel to activate it.
- Users can find spider eyes by killing spiders or looting chests in abandoned mineshafts.
- Golden carrots can be found by destroying grass blocks in Minecraft. They have a chance of dropping when the block is destroyed.
- Redstone dust is obtained by destroying Redstone ore with an iron pickaxe.
- Sugar can be found by destroying sugar cane blocks. Sugar cane can be found near water sources in warm biomes.
Here’s a breakdown of crucial materials with potions they create:
- Fermented Spider Eye – Potion of Weakness
- Dragon’s Breath – Lingering Water Bottle
- Nether Wart — Awkward
- Gunpowder – Splash Water Bottle
- Glowstone – Thick
- Redstone Dust – Mundane
These are the second-tier ingredients to gather:
- Golden Carrot – Night Vision
- Phantom Membranes – Slow falling
- Pufferfish – Water breathing
- Turtle Shell – Water breathing
- Blaze Power – Strength
- Magma Cream – Fire Resistance
- Sugar – Swiftness
- Rabbit’s Foot – Swiftness
- Ghast Tear – Regeneration
- Fermented Spider Eye – Poison
- Glistering Melon – Healing
Finally, you may want to get curing effects by getting these compounds:
- Nausea — Bismuth
- Blindness — Calcium
- Poison — Silver
- Weakness — Cobalt
2. Craft a Brewing Stand
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, you’ll need to craft a brewing stand. To do this, you’ll need three cobblestones and one blaze rod.
- Place the cobblestones in the shape of a U on the crafting table. Then, place the blaze rod in the center slot. This will give you a brewing stand.
- Now that you have a brewing stand, it’s time to start brewing potions.
3. Brewing to make potions in Minecraft
To start brewing a potion, add water bottles to the bottom slots of the brewing stand. Then, add your ingredients to the top places. For example, a spider eye and a fermented spider eye will make a potion of weakness. Once you’ve added the ingredients you need, the potion will start brewing. It will take 30 seconds for the potion to finish brewing. You can remove it from the stand by right-clicking on the bottle when it’s done on the PC. Use an equivalent command on consoles to move it to your inventory.
Drink the potion or give it away
Once the potion is brewed, it’s ready to drink! To use a potion, hold right-click while it’s selected in your hotbar. Be careful; some potions have adverse effects if you’re not wearing the correct type of armor. For example, drinking a potion of fire resistance will do nothing if you’re not wearing any armor. You can also use potions on other players by left-clicking them while holding a potion. This is a great way to heal your friends when they’re low on health. If you’re feeling generous, you can throw potions at players by pressing the right mouse button.