Fortnite became one of the most popular games after its 2017 launch, and now has millions of players worldwide. However, some players find themselves with multiple accounts because they have switched devices or created several for themselves or others. If you find yourself in this situation, you may be wondering how to merge Fortnite accounts. The good news is that it is possible to merge Fortnite accounts, but no longer directly.
Merging Two Fortnite Accounts via Epic Games (Disabled Since 2019)
We avoid mentioning defunct methods. However, this one is crucial because it’s official and worked up until 2019, specifically Fortnite Season 3. Due to frequent abuse and account selling, the game developer decided to shut it down. However, they never stated it was permanent, and player requests to bring it back persevere. It worked this way:
- Log into the first account on your computer or mobile device.
- Go to the “Settings” tab and then select “Account.”
- Under the “Profile” section, you will find the email address of the account. Copy this address.
- Log out of this account and log into the second account.
- Open the “Settings” tab again and pick “Account.”
- Under the “Profile” section, you will find the password of the account you need to copy.
- Paste the email address of the first account into the “Email Address” field and paste the password of the first account into the “Password” field.
- Click the “Merge Accounts” button.
- You will be asked to confirm. Click on the “Yes, Merge These Accounts” button to complete the process.
1. Merging Accounts for Fortnite via PlayStation
If you have a PlayStation, you can merge progress from Fortnite accounts by linking your PlayStation Network account to your Epic Games account.
- Log into your PlayStation Network account on your PlayStation console.
- Go to the “Settings” tab and then select “Account Management.”
- Select “Linked Accounts.”
- Choose “Epic Games.”
- Enter the email address and password of your Epic Games account. Your PlayStation Network account will now be linked to your Epic Games account.
- When you next log into Fortnite on your PlayStation, you will be prompted to select which account you want to use. Select the account that you want to keep and then click on the “Merge” button.
- Your accounts will now be merged. You may now access all your progress and purchases on one account.
2. Using Xbox to Merge Fortnite Accounts
You can also merge your accounts through the Xbox One:
- Sign in to the Xbox Live account on your Xbox One.
- Go to the “My Games & Apps” section.
- Select “Fortnite.”
- Press the menu button (the three dots) and then select “Manage Game.”
- Select “Merge Accounts.”
- Enter the email address and password of your Epic Games account. Your Epic Games account is now tied to the Xbox Live one.
Note. While the account merge method was active, you could’ve merged Fortnite accounts on your Xbox One console. You had to log in to Fortnite with the account you want to keep, select one other account to be merged, then hit “Merge”. Your two accounts would’ve been combined.
3. Merge Epic Games and Nintendo Account on Nintendo Switch
If you want to link your Fortnite account content with your Nintendo account, start by logging into the Nintendo account on Nintendo Switch. Then:
- Go to the “Settings” tab and then select “User.”
- Select “Linked Accounts.”
- Select “Epic Games.”
- Enter the email address and password of your Epic Games account.
- Your Nintendo Account will now be linked to your Epic Games account, and Fortnite content will carry over.