Meta wants to make it very clear that they are not leaving the huge potential market of video games that the Oculus Quest had gathered. Oculus Quest 2 is happening, as the company had declared earlier. But, it is going to be called the Meta Quest 2. The company is pushing out a lot of new IPs (Intellectual Properties), as well as sequels to some already existing ones to fuel the market of the Quest 2. A number of these titles were announced in the Meta Quest Gaming Showcase, and the company has confirmed that all these games will be added to the Quest Store by the end of 2022. In this article, we will look at titles that will be available on Quest 2.
Games Coming to Quest 2 in 2022
A dozen games will become available on the Quest 2 VR (Virtual Reality) device later this year. These include the following titles:
- Ghostbusters VR: Ghostbusters, the 2009 ghost hunting game is getting a VR release. Mark Zuckerberg himself announced its release on a live stream. The game will also include a multiplayer mode that can be played with friends.
- Among Us VR: Tapping the popularity of the casual multilayer title, the developer studio InnerSloth has teamed up with Robot Teddy and Schell Games to publish a VR iteration of the base game. Following the declaration in the Quest Gaming Showcase, we know the release window to be by the end of 2022.
- NFL Pro Era: NFL games are hitting the VR market with StatusPro’s NFL Pro Era. This one will come bundled with several stadiums and will include a multiplayer mode too.
- Beat Saber: Electronic Mixtape: Beat Saber, the very popular VR game, is coming up with an EDM crossover. This collection will include tracks from artists like Marshmello, Deadmau5, and so on.
- Cities: VR: The Cities series has been a massive success in recent years. This game is coming to the Quest Store on April 28.
- Moss: Book II: Another entry in the Moss series, this game will be based around a mouse named Quill.
- Red Matter 2: A sequel to the original Red Matter game. Red Matter 2 will continue from where the first game left off.
- Resident Evil 4 – Mercenaries: A free update to Resident Evil 4 that is already available on the Quest Store.
- Espire 2: A sequel to the original Espire game.
- The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution: Another entry in The Walking Dead series.
- Bonelab: An experimental physics action game developed by Stress Level Zero.
- RUINSMAGUS: a fantasy action JRPG, this game sets you at the feet of a novice wizard.
All these titles are arriving at Quest Store by the end of 2022. Meta is dedicated to developing the Quest 2 platform in terms of VR gaming experiences. They will improve the platform’s overall quality by a huge margin.