If you have ever wanted to play your Xbox games on a PC, you now can, which is excellent news. In fact, Windows 10 computers can efficiently run many such games. This is fantastic for families that share one Microsoft console because you won’t have to compete for access. There are two methods to play Xbox games on your PC. The first is through the service Xbox Play Anywhere. The second option, which will require a constant internet connection, is to stream the game using your computer. With that said, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of how to run Xbox games on PC.
1. Play games on PC using Xbox Play Anywhere
If you already own a game on the Xbox Play Anywhere list, you may play it on your PC for free and sync your game data to your Xbox. Here’s what to do:
- Log in to the Xbox Play Anywhere website using your Microsoft account.
- Go to the home page and examine the list of games, then choose the one you want to play. Keep in mind that you’ll need to buy it if you don’t already own it.
- Select an installation option on the Microsoft Store app (for example, “Install”).
- Select a language on the next screen and click “Next” or whatever action is required to start the installation.
- Click “Play” after installing the game to run and begin playing.
2. Run Xbox games through streaming to Windows 10/11 PC
If the suitable game you want to play remotely isn’t available via Xbox Play Anywhere, the other option is to do it via streaming. Players must connect their PC and Xbox One to the same network to do so. You’ll also need to make sure that both machines are linked to the internet — if you lose the connection, you’ll be unable to view the stream. Both devices should be entirely up-to-date, so install any pending updates if there are any.
How do I update my PC and Xbox?
To install updates on your Windows computer, open the Settings app and go to Update & Security → Windows Update. Click on Check for Updates and updates should automatically download and install. As for instructions on installing the latest update on your Xbox console, please see Microsoft’s support site.
Instructions for streaming Xbox game titles on PC
To start, access the “Settings” menu by going to your Xbox home screen and pressing the controller’s Xbox button. Now:
- Click the “Account” option under “My Account.”
- Click the link to your user profile and select Create New Account.
- Go to “Devices & connections” and pick Remote features.
- Select “Xbox app preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the “Allow connections from any device” option on the left-hand menu or “Only from profiles signed in on this Xbox” if you’re using an Xbox One.
- Select “Allow game streaming to other devices” on the right-hand menu.
- Connect your Xbox One controller to your PC using a USB or Bluetooth connection.
- On your PC, search for “Xbox Console Companion” and click the Start button.
- Select Open after it appears.
- Open the “Xbox Console Companion” app on your PC.
- Click the symbol that looks like an Xbox game console on the left sidebar. It will say “Connection” when you hover your cursor over it.
- Now select the suitable Xbox console you possess.
- In the end, click “Stream,” and the Xbox game is ready to run on your PC.