It’s true that, like numerous other online games, the best way to enjoy Rocket League is with friends. You can join or create clubs with other players, compete in tournaments, or jump into a quick match to blow off some steam. Regardless of how you like to play the game, adding friends is a great way to make the experience more enjoyable. More precisely, to add friends in Rocket League you need to go through the in-game interface or via your platform’s friend list.
For example, if you’re playing on PlayStation 4, you can add friends through the PlayStation Network friends list. You can add friends from your Xbox Live friends list if you’re on Xbox One. And if you’re playing on PC, you can add Steam friends. Once you’ve added someone as a friend, they’ll appear on your in-game list, and you can see them when they’re online. You can also join their game if they’re already playing or invite them to join yours.
Guide to add friends in Rocket League on PC
Press the “Home” button on your keyboard to the main menu to start. Then:
- In the top right corner, select the “Friends” option. This will bring up a list of your current friends in the Rocket League.
- Click on the “Add Friend” button in the top right corner to add a new friend. A pop-up window will appear asking you to enter your friend’s RocketID.
- Enter your friend’s RocketID and press the “Add Friend” button. Players will now add your friend to their friend’s list!
To remove a friend from your list, hover over their name and press the “X” button that appears. Pressing this button will remove them from your list, and they will no longer be able to see your online status.
Adding Rocket League friends on PlayStation
You need their unique Rocket League ID to add friends to Rocket League. You can find this by going to the main menu, selecting “Options,” and then choosing the “Profile” tab. Your unique Rocket League ID will be listed next to your name. Once you have your friend’s Rocket League ID:
- Open the game and go to the main menu.
- Select “Friends,” then “Add Friend.”
- Finally, enter your friend’s Rocket League ID and select “Add.”
You will now add them to your friend’s list, and you can play against them online. Now that you know how to add friends in Rocket League on PlayStation, invite people that are fun to play with.
Add someone as a friend in Rocket League on Xbox
The easiest way to add friends in Rocket League on Xbox is to invite them to your party. Do the following:
- Go to the main menu and select “Party” from the options at the bottom. You can invite friends by selecting their names from the list or entering their Gamertag.
- If you’re already in a match, you can also invite players to your party by pressing the start button and selecting “Invite Player.”
- Once you have a few friends at your party, you can jump into matches together or chat using the Party Chat feature. Just press the “Party Chat” button on the controller while in a game or at the main menu.
Use Steam for adding friends in RL
Open the Steam client and click on your username in the upper right-hand corner to add a friend on Steam. A drop-down menu will appear. Then:
- From this menu, select “Friends.”
- This will bring up your Friends list. In the top left-hand corner of this window, a button says “Add a Friend.” Click on this.
- Enter your friend’s username or email address in the pop-up box and click “Add as Friend.” Your friend will now receive a notification that you’ve sent them a friend request. Once they accept it, you’ll be added to each other’s Friends lists.
Using Nintendo Switch for adding an RL friend
You can do this in a few different ways depending on whether you have the person’s Nintendo Switch Online account information. The first way is by using a Nintendo Switch Online account. If you have the other person’s email address or Nintendo Switch Online username, you can add them as a friend through the “Add Friend” option in the game.
The second way to add friends in Rocket League is by sharing a 12-digit code. Go to Options → Privacy and Safety → Create Invite Code to generate a code. This will create a unique string of numbers and letters you can give to your friend, so they can add you in their game.