Apex Legends is a battle royale game by EA played by millions of gamers all over the globe. The game, with its un-imaginable graphics coupled with excellent gameplay incorporating a couple of other things that many gamers would love to have, which only a gamer can figure out, Apex Legends has been there for a while now. Loved by many, played by many, Apex has been dominating the battle royale category for a long time. Providing whatever you expect from a battle royale, delivering the cunning modes of different gameplays, you can expect many things in the game that you got from the previous battle royales, of course with some improvements, and nevertheless to say that anything that has ever created has flaws.
Looking into the features for a while, playing the game for weeks, analyzing each and every bit of its pro’s and con’s, I think I am finally ready to provide my views and opinions about the Apex Legends to the users. If you ever wanted to try this battle royale game but not sure what it has inside, this review would be of great help. Do not hesitate to read the complete thing to get an excellent idea about the game and reach in a decision whether you should go for it or not. As it costs nothing except downloading the free game on your device, there is no need to hesitate giving it a try. Having said that, here is the Apex Legends review for you.
Apex Legends: What’s Special?
The game is all about killing the enemies and winning the battle royale to be the best out of the 20 teams. Instead of the usual methods followed by the battle royale games, the Apex Legends has a unique style of battle dividing the people into 20 teams of 3 making them kill each other by allowing the players to choose one of the 13 available characters in the game before the game starts.
Different from the usual battle royales, the Apex Legends comes with non-verbal communication using the controllers to direct the team members the way you want them. Similar to the previous Titanfall games, the Legends include certain functions such as the ability to climb above the walls, use the zipline (which most of the battle royale games miss) and slide down the hills pretty quickly. The mechanics are completely different from the usual titles such as PUBG that are similar to each other in a lot of ways.
Unlike many other titles, even though the player has been dead to the ashes, he can still get a second chance if one of the squad members collect the respawn banner from the exact place they died and bring to one of the beacons in the game placed all over. So, you are not really going to die, if you have a pretty good teammate to play with you who can shoot down the enemies even if you are not that good at it. So, always be picky while choosing the squad.
Just like any other battle royales, the comprehensive idea of the game is to defeat enemies and win the title. Instead of the usual 100 people battle royale, the game has a 60 royale that will be divided into 20 teams of 3 players each. The players will be given characters known as Legends. These legends are the driving forces of the game came from different planets and locations to fight each other in their own style and uniqueness to showcase their skills. The ability of a certain legend could win you the game in needy situations.
13 legends are available on the game all with different Tactical, Passive, and Ultimate abilities. The abilities of the chosen character will largely influence your role in the team. Whether you have the ability to shoot or heal, would definitely have an impact on your gameplay on a large scale. Even though each one of them can take down enemies as they want to, it is still a thing to consider which character each one of your teammates should choose. If you are bad at aiming, it is probably a bad idea to choose a character that has some shooting abilities.
As soon as you pick the character to start with, the game will launch you falling out of the sky with a suit and jetpack. Just like the usual battle royale games, you will have to pickup weapons, ammo’s, and upgrades placed in different areas in order to take down the enemies. You will have to make sure that you have enough ammo and powerful weapons to destroy the enemies to progress throughout the game. No one is going to win it with an empty hand. Even with someone too good to accompany you, a team-planning is an essential part of the game.
You can direct your team members in the location you are going so that you won’t split up. So, whenever you come across an enemy, you won’t be alone to take him down. They are probably sticking together, so you might not wanna face them alone. The graphics and maps placed on the screen seems to be pretty modern, as the game itself seems to be a futuristic version of the battle royale games. Everything including the number of players left, weapon you are using, ammo left, your health status, map, the time to close the ring, etc. will be on the screen anytime you want to take a look.
The environment is designed in such a way that to provide a view that how you imagined the future would look like. Those sci-fi movies definitely influenced the design of the game on a large scale. The containers, weapons, rocks, hills, everything resembles something that we all seen in some movies that are about some alien planets. The shooting seems pretty solid but the enemies are not easy to kill. You either have to take a lot of shots or have a powerful weapon to take them down, probably because they are not actual humans.
As a free-to-play game, Apex Legends comes with a monetization system where users can spend some real money to purchase items. So, mostly that’s how they make money out of the game. So, as a player, you could either choose to spend some time on it or spend your money to save some time. Either way, according to the developers, you will be treated equal and the items will be unlockable as your progress. It includes new skins, weapons, legends, everything in the game.
The game has 13 legends in it all with their own skills, advantages, and mode of play. You can use any of them (considering that you unlocked them by certain achievements) in the game as you wish based on the squad you choose. Only one of your team members can use a certain Legend, the others have to go for unique Legends. So these are the Legends available in the game.
- Bangalore: She is a professional soldier server IMC armed forces just like her other family members including her brothers and parents. From the home planet Gridiron, she is one tough fighter to choose. With the tactical ability to use Smoke Launcher, the passive ability to Double Time, and the ultimate ability of Rolling Thunder, she is the best pick for those who like to do just killing the enemies.
- Bloodhound: The ultimate tracker that any team would love to have. The bloodthirsty monster can hunt down any hidden enemies even before they realize they are being tracked. The details about this unknown tracker are still a mystery except for his tactical ability Eye of the Allfather, Passive ability of tracking, and the ultimate ability Beast of the Hunt.
- Caustic: A toxic trapper with different types of abilities to trap the enemies in toxic gases making them suffocate for air winning the battles with his extreme ability to trap them with gases. With the tactical ability of Nox Gas Trap, the passive ability of Nox Vision, and the ultimate ability to launch Nox Gas Grenade, he is one of the silent killers in the game.
- Crypto: A brilliant hacker and surveillance expert with the accompany of a drone to help him track down the enemies, killing them brutally, and supporting the teammates in the battle. His tactical ability is the Surveillance Drone, the passive ability is Neurolink, and the ultimate ability is Drone EMP. An excellent player to choose for those who want to help the team instead of taking down enemies.
- Gibraltar: A giant of a man with the ability to block any attacks with his powerful shield. Gentle outside, with a wild side when he needs to be. Powerful, shielded, heavily armed, what else you need to take down the enemies. With the tactical ability Dome of Protection, passive ability of Gun Shield, and ultimate ability Defensive Bombardment, he is a gentle giant.
- Lifeline: The combat medic who could save your life in the game whenever you need her. If you want to help your teammates by reviving their health to make them alive, this is the perfect character you could choose. This young woman has the tactical ability of D.O.C. Heal Drone, passive ability of Combat Medic, and the ultimate ability of Care Package.
- Loba: A high society thief with stylish movements, clothing, and everything. She is an excellent runner who could take down the enemies in a blink of an eye. With a collection of valuable items with here, she could be very useful in the battle no matter how strong your enemies are. Her tactical ability is Burglar’s Best Friend, the passive ability is Eye for Quality, and the ultimate ability is Black Market Boutique.
- Mirage: An holographic trickster as the name itself suggests, likes to trick around and fool the enemies presenting them a hard time to take him down. He has the tactical ability to Psyche Out, passive ability to Encore!, and the ultimate ability of Vanishing Act. A good looking killing-machine.
- Octane: Without two bionic legs this Adrenaline Junkie, is a monster of a legend. The tactical ability to Stim, the passive ability to Swift Mend, and the ultimate ability of Launch Pad, he is a tough fighter in the game.
- Pathfinder: He is an MRVN (Mobile Robotic Versatile eNtity) that is modified to specialize in location scouting and surveying. He is an excellent fighter learning new things in every battle in search of his creator who is unknown. Even he doesn’t know more details about him. He is the tactical ability of Grappling Hook, the passive ability of Insider Knowledge, and the ultimate ability Zipline Gun.
- Revenant: He once used to be a human but no more. When his programming has failed him to become a robot-like character who is of course good in the battleground. He has the tactical ability of Silence, the passive ability of Stalker, and the ultimate ability of Death Totem.
- Wattson: A cute face in the game with some fighting and shooting skills. From the homeworld Solace, she can be very useful in needy situations. With a tactical ability of Perimeter Security, the passive ability of Spark of Genius, and the ultimate ability of Interception Pylon, girls would love to be this character.
- Wraith: She is an Interdimensional Skirmisher. She can deploy deadly attacks no matter how strong the opponents are, they will have a tough time defending it. She has a tactical ability Into the Void, the passive ability Voices from the Void, and the ultimate ability Dimensional Rift.
The Apex Legends is a game for those who need a modern touch to the battle royales and compete with online players in a much more advanced manner using ultimate weapons, upgrades, and special skills. Anyone who is not good at just shooting with the gun and acting like a regular human in the games, this should be a priority choice. The game has developed with excellent graphics, has stunning maps, contains everything you need to enjoy a battle royale game. So, you should give it a try. It is free. So, why not?
Apex Legends Review
- Value for Money
An excellent game with amazing graphics and pretty good gameplay. For the battle royale lovers who do not want to be disappointed by the less-impressive battle royales, definitely a go-to game out there.