Decided to change your name in Apex Legends? The process is pretty simple, but there are a few things you need to know before you get started. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps necessary to choose a new name. Before you get started, it’s important to note that you can only pick a brand-new name once every seven (7) days. Thus, if you’re unhappy with your new name, you’ll have to wait a week before trying again. With that said, let’s dig in.
1. Change Apex Legends Name on PC
If you’re playing Apex Legends on PC, then you can follow the steps below to change your in-game name.
- Open the Origin Launcher and log into your account.
- Click on “My Game Library”.
- Right-click on “Apex Legends” and select “Game Properties”.
- In the “Origin In-Game” tab, uncheck the “Enable Origin In-Game” option.
- Click “OK” and then launch Apex Legends.
- When you get to the main menu, click on the “Profile” icon in the top right corner.
- From here, you can change your in-game name.
2. Changing Names in Apex Legends for PlayStation
You may be wondering how to change your in-game name. Fortunately, it’s a straightforward process with only a few steps. Here’s what you need to do:
- From the main menu, select “Profile”.
- Select the “Apex Legends” tab.
- Choose “Edit Profile”.
- Scroll down to the “Display Name” section and enter your desired name.
- Save your changes and enjoy your new in-game name.
3. Choose a New Apex Legends Name on Xbox
If you’re playing Apex Legends on Xbox One, you can change your in-game name by following these instructions:
- Launch the game and sign in to your account.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to bring up the main menu.
- Select “My Games & Apps.”
- Find and select Apex Legends from a list of games.
- Once in the game, press the “Menu” button on your controller (it’s the one with three lines).
- Select “Legends.” This will bring up a list of all the characters you can play as.
- Find and select the character you’re currently playing as.
- Press the “A” button on your controller.
- Select “Rename.”
- Enter your new in-game name and press the “A” button to save it.
4. Pick a New Apex Legends Name on Nintendo Switch
First, open up the main menu by pressing the + button on your Switch’s home screen. Next:
- Scroll down to the “Profile” option and select it with the A button.
- Once you’re in your profile, press the X button to open up the “Edit Profile” menu. Here, you’ll be able to change your username, email address, and password.
- Highlight the “Name” field and use the on-screen keyboard to enter your new name to choose your brand-new name.
- Once you’re satisfied, press the B button to save your changes and exit the menu. Your new name will now be displayed in-game.
Remember that you must wait 7 days in-between name changes in Apex Legends. Therefore, if you do so, then decide you want to go back to your old name, you’ll have to wait a week. Picking new names weekly can be fun to personalize your experience and stand out from the crowd. If you’re looking for more tips and tricks on how to improve your Apex Legends gameplay, we have plenty of other guides.