Apex Legends is a new battle royale game that has taken the world by storm. In it, you and up to three friends compete against other teams in a fight to be the last ones standing. One of the best features of Apex Legends is its voice chat system, which allows you to communicate with your teammates quickly and effectively. However, if you’re having trouble getting it to work, check how to enable voice chat in Apex Legends.
Enable voice chat before entering an Apex Legends match
Go to the “Legend” menu at the bottom of the screen and select your Legend. Then:
- Select the “Settings” option.
- Go to the “Audio” tab.
- Under the “Voice Chat” heading, there are three options: “Push to Talk,” “Open Mic,” and “Off.”
- Select the “Push to Talk” option.
- You can also adjust the sensitivity of your microphone under the “Mic Sensitivity” heading.
- If you want to test your microphone before entering a match, you can do so by pressing the “Test Mic” button.
- Once you’re satisfied with your settings, press the “Back” button to return to the main menu.
Turning Apex Legends in-game voice chat on
If you want to use voice chat in Apex Legends, you must enable it in the Settings menu. To do this:
- Press the “Menu” button (which is the three-lined button in the top right corner of your screen) and then go to the “Settings” tab.
- From there, select the “Audio” tab.
- Make sure that the “Voice Chat” option is set to “On.”
- Once you’ve done this, you’ll be able to use voice chat in Apex Legends by pressing the “Push to Talk” key (which is the default “T” key).
- If you want to change the “Push to Talk” key, you can do so in the settings menu.
- Go back to the “Audio” tab and select the “Keybinds” option. You can now switch the “Push to Talk” key to whatever you want.
Enabling voice chatting on PC
If you can’t get it to work despite using the instructions above, open the Origin client and:
- Head to “My Game Library”.
- From there, find Apex Legends in your list of games and click on it. Once you’re on the game’s page on Origin, go to the “Game Properties” tab.
- Make sure that the “Enable Voice Chat” option is set to “Yes”.
Note. If you want to select the listening mode, go to the Start menu. Go to Settings → Sound → Under Output device, select the speakers/headphones that are plugged in → Speaker configuration: set to stereo.
Activate Apex Legends voice chatting on PlayStation
The process is a little different. First, open up the Settings menu from the main PS4 home screen. Then:
- Go to “Sound and Screen” and select “Audio Output Settings”.
- From there, select the “Output to Headphones” option.
- Change the option above to “Chat Audio”. You can now hear voice chat on your chosen output headphones/speakers.
Activating voice chat on Xbox One
The first thing you need to do is go to the “System” tab in the main menu. From there:
- Select “Settings” and then “Display & Sound”.
- In the “Display & Sound” menu, go to the “Volume” tab.
- Double-check that the “Party Chat Output” setting is set to “Headset & Speakers”. You should be able to hear the sound output and talk.
Apex Legends is a fun game, but it’s even more enjoyable when you can talk to your friends while playing. In this article, we showed you how to enable voice chat in Apex Legends. You can undoubtedly enjoy the game with friends even more.