In Apex Legends, your dive trail is one of the most important things you can furnish. You must be careful, though, since it’s what will show your opponents where you are coming from when you dive off of a ledge or other high place. In contrast, it’s beneficial for helping you line up your shots while diving. Apex Legends offers a wealth of cosmetic customization choices that allow players to modify their Legends, weapons, banners, and so on. Each time a battle royale match begins, you’ll be diving into the map, so being able to vary up your skydive is helpful. Here’s how to equip your dive trail in Apex Legends.
What are Dive Trails in Apex Legends?
Dive trails are visual effects that follow behind players when they’re in the air. There are a variety of dive trails to choose from, and you can equip one for each of your Legends. It’s a great way to show off your style and make yourself more visible when flying through the air. You can use Apex Coins or Legend Tokens to purchase them from the in-game store.
1. Earn and Equip a Dive Trail
You must earn a dive trail in Apex Legends before you can equip it. To do that, you need to:
- Reach player level 25
- Find and open 5 Supply Drops
With that done, you can proceed with equipping an Apex Legends dive trail like this:
- Open the menu by pressing the “Esc” key.
- Click on the “Legends” tab at the top of the menu.
- Find and select your Legend.
- In the “Legend Loadout” section, click on the “Dive Trail” option.
- You will see a list of available dive trails to pick from. Select the one you want to equip and then click the “Confirm” button.
2. Apply and Use the Dive Trail
Once you have earned your dive trail, you can apply it by:
- Going to the “Legend” screen from the main menu.
- Selecting the Legend you wish to equip the dive trail on.
- Picking the “Dive Trail” option from their loadout menu.
The dive trail is most useful when diving off of high places. It will help your opponents spot you coming and allow you to line up your shots while diving. Remember to use it wisely.
Tips for Using Dive Trails in Apex Legends
These are smart ways to employ a dive trails in the game:
- Use it to your advantage when attacking or escaping
- Be aware of your surroundings when using the dive trail
- Utilize it to help you line up your shots while diving
If you’ve ever achieved Diamond or better in ranked play during a season, you’ll get one, too. On the other hand, the new dive trail will not be immediately available. You must manually enable it by going to the “Loadout” section of the main menu. There are options for all sorts of weapons below that button labeled Game Customization and three additional choices: Transitions, Music Tracks, and Skydive Trails.
Go to the “Skydive Trail” option to view any dive trails you’ve unlocked. Most people will only have access to whatever trail they unlocked in the previous season. However, there are a few who have earlier seasons’ ones because they were permanently unlocked. Simply put, select one of your trails to load it.
If used correctly, equipping a dive trail in Apex Legends can be an extremely advantageous move. The right trail can help you traverse the map quickly and easily while avoiding enemy fire. In this guide, we showed you to select a dive trail and gave you basic tips on using it in combat effectively.