Many League of Legends (LoL) players sometimes become weary or bored because they are always on one server. Therefore, they seek methods to re-engage themselves in the game, either by creating a smurf account or perhaps one on another alternative region. It is also important to understand that moving your account from one region to another will be more difficult than simply transferring content from one server to the other. Nonetheless, the process is pretty simple and can usually be finished in a couple of steps. With that, let’s show you how to change the server in League of Legends.
1. Change the Server on League of Legends Account Creation
Creating a second account is a pretty simple procedure and the first method to change the server in League of Legends. When you’re making your account, at the very bottom, there should be a drop-down menu that allows you to select what region you want to play on. Select the one you desire, finish creating your account, and voilà! You’re now on your way to enjoying playing on a new server.
The only thing to keep in mind is that if you want to play with friends on a different server than yours, you can do so by joining their party chat. Then, you must select the option to join their game through the chat regardless of the server they play on.
2. Switching During Game Server Transfer
The second method, server transfer, is more complicated but still manageable. Riot Games offers one free transfer every year, and it resets on the first of January. The first step is to:
- Go onto your account page and initiate the server move.
- You will be asked to select your current server and the one you want to move to.
- The price for the transfer will then be displayed. You can decide whether to continue with the purchase. Remember that you can only do this once a year, so choose wisely. After you’ve initiated the transfer, all you need to do is wait anywhere from 24 hours to 7 days until it’s completed.
3. Use the League of Legends Account Settings Menu
Once you’ve logged into your account:
- Your username should be in the top right corner of the screen. Hovering over it will reveal a drop-down menu with different options.
- The one you want to select is “Account.”
- Simply scroll down until you see the option that says “Change Server” under the “Location” category and selects the server you want to play on That’s it! You have successfully switched servers in League of Legends.
4. Change the Server for League of Legends Using a VPN
Another technique involves employing a VPN (a Virtual Private Network). This service can be used for many things, such as increased privacy and security when browsing the internet or, in this case, changing your location. The way it works is that it changes your IP address to one from another country, making it appear as if you are located there. Choose a VPN provider, connect to a server in the region you want to play on, and launch League of Legends. You can now utilize other procedures including creating an account for that region.
5. Play on Multiple LoL Servers
Another approach for playing on multiple servers exists. You can do this by creating an account for each server. This might not be the optimal solution since you would need to juggle between various accounts, but it’s still an option. You can also use a service called “Garena,” which lets you play on servers such as Vietnam, Taiwan, and Thailand. The only thing to keep in mind is that your ping will most likely be higher than usual since you’re playing on a server that’s not meant for your region.
There are many reasons someone would want to change servers in League of Legends. Perhaps they are looking for a fresh start or want to play with friends on a separate server. Whatever the reason, you now understand multiple procedures for server changing in League of Legends.