Crafting a Beacon in Minecraft will shed light on the world around you. In fact, it will make the light beam into the sky so bright that you’ll gain bonus stats such as Regeneration, Resistance, Strength, Speed, or Haste. How bright, you wonder? Level 15 – the maximum light level in the game! To paint a better picture, crafting a Torch and placing it in the wall can only emit the brightness level of 13, and only on the blocks surrounding it. We don’t think you need any more convincing. Here’s how to make a Beacon in Minecraft.
Materials required to make a Beacon
- 1x Nether Star
- 5x Glass
- 3x Obsidian
Steps to craft a Beacon in Minecraft
The prerequisite to creating a Beacon is a Crafting Table placed in front of you.
- To open the Crafting Menu, do this:
- For Education Edition, Windows 10 Edition, or Java Edition (Mac/PC). Press the right-click of your computer mouse.
- For Xbox. Press the LT button on the controller.
- On PlayStation. Press the L2 button on the controller.
- For Pocket Edition (PE). Use the touch-screen to tap the on the block.
- For Wii U and Nintendo Switch. Press ZL on the controller.
- You will see an empty 3×3 crafting grid on-screen.
- This is how to place the materials we listed above:
- First row. Place Glass in all three slots.
- Second row. Place Glass in the first slot, Nether Star in the second slot, and Glass in the third slot.
- Third row. Place Obsidian in all three slots.
- If everything went according to plan, an icon of a Beacon should appear in the single box to the right.
- Transfer the Beacon to an empty slot in your inventory.
Minecraft commands for Torch
We got the Survival Mode step-by-step instructions out of the way. Now’s the time to take a breather after a lot of hard work, and think of the easier options. There are two:
- Switch over to Creative Mode. You can then spawn any item infinitely. The only requirement? Find it on quite a large list of all Minecraft items.
- A better option – utilize Minecraft cheats/commands to your advantage.
Does the option number 2 sound alluring? If so, enable Minecraft cheats first. Then, go ahead and enter the following into the chat:
- For Java Edition (Mac/PC) v.1.13-1.16.3.
/give @p beacon 1
- For Java Edition (Mac/PC) v.1.8 and afterward, Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE), Nintendo Switch, Education Edition, Windows 10 Edition, Xbox One, and PS4.
/give @p beacon 1 0
That’s it! The process of making a Beacon wasn’t hard, unlike the process of gathering the materials. And, if you love Minecraft so much, might we suggest checking Minecraft alternatives too?