Looking for a way to create a TNT in Minecraft? No wonder, some people just want to watch the world burn. In this case, the burning Is followed by an explosion of up to sixty-four blocks of TNT. This, of course, defines the radius and severity of the destruction. And the fact that you can set it off with a flaming arrow, lava, fire charge from a dispenser, or good old flint and steel, which involves running for your life, makes it so much fun. Let’s see how to make a TNT in Minecraft, so you can start the destructive endeavors.
Materials required to make a TNT
To craft a single block of TNT, you require:
- 5x Gunpowder
- 4x Sand
How to make a TNT in Minecraft
As with most complex items, you will need a Crafting Table. Place it in front of you.
- Access the Crafting Table menu.
- Use the right-click on your computer mouse on Windows 10 Edition, Education Edition, and Java Edition (Mac/PC).
- Press ZL on the controller on Wii U or Nintendo Switch.
- Press the L2 button on PlayStation.
- Tap on the block on Pocket Edition (PE).
- Press the LT button on the controller on Xbox.
- You now have access to a 3×3 grid.
- Place the required materials like this:
- First row. In the first block, place Gunpowder, in the second place Sand, and in the third block, Gunpowder again.
- Second row. In the first block, place Sand. In the second, place Gunpowder, and in the third block, place Sand.
- Third row. Place the items in the same order as with the first row.
- If you didn’t make a mistake, a TNT icon will appear in the single block in the top right corner.
- Move the TNT to your inventory.
You can also find TNT in the work in Survival Mode. These are two natural locations of TNT in Minecraft.
- You can find 9 blocks of TNT in a desert temple trap.
Be careful. These traps often include a pressure plate that sets off TNT. This will both kill you and prevent you from looting it.
- You can find 2 blocks of TNT in front of a trapped chest in a woodland mansion, inside one secret room.
Minecraft command for TNT
TNT is also available as an option inside the Creative Mode menu.
An easier way to acquire 1-64 blocks of this item is through Minecraft cheats/commands. Enter this after you enabled Minecraft cheats.
- If you are playing on Java Edition Version 1.14-1.16.3, the command is:
/give @p grindstone 1
- If you are playing on Java Edition Version 1.8 and up, Education Edition, Windows 10 Edition, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, PlayStation, or Pocket Edition (PE), the command is:
/give @p grindstone 1 0