Are you looking for a way to make a Grindstone in Minecraft? Hey, so did we once upon a time, when there weren’t a lot of sources. Luckily, through the magic of the Internet, we are able to share this knowledge with you. That means, with the help of this utility, you can remove enchantments from items (for example, fishing rods), or repair your items, including weapons. As such, it is an invaluable tool to have during your adventure. And it’s not hard to create, either! Let’s delve into how to make a grindstone in Minecraft.
Materials required to make a Grindstone
Grindstone doesn’t have strict crafting requirements when it comes to the wood plank part of the recipe. To clarify, you don’t need all of these, just two of the same type of wood plank. These are the materials you can use to craft a Grindstone.
- 2x Stick
- 1x Stone Slab
- 2x Wood Plank (Spruce Plank, Jungle Plank, Birch Plank, Oak Plank, Dark Oak Plank, Acacia Plank, Warped Plank, or Crimson Plank).
How to make a Grindstone in Minecraft
To create Grindstone, you must create a Crafting Table first, and place it on the ground.
- Enter the Crafting Table menu.
- Use the right-click on your computer mouse if you are playing Windows 10 Edition, Java Edition (PC/Mac), or Education Edition.
- Press ZL on the controller if you are playing on Wii U or Nintendo Switch.
- Tap on the block if you are playing Pocket Edition (PE).
- Press the L2 button if you are on PlayStation.
- Press the LT button on the controller if you are playing on Xbox.
- You will see a 3×3 grid.
- Drag the materials from your inventory to the Crafting Menu, and arrange them like this:
- First row. In the first block, place a Stick, in the second block, place a Stone Slab, and in the third block, place another Stick.
- Second row. In the first block place a Wood Plank, leave the middle block empty, then place a Wood Plank in the third block.
- Third row. Leave it empty.
- If you did everything right, Grindstone will appear in the single block in the top right corner.
- Move it to your inventory.
Minecraft command for Grindstone
The recipe above is designed for the Survival Mode of Minecraft. If you are playing in Creative Mode, you simply have to find Grindstone in the large list of items.
- For Minecraft Java Edition (PC/MAC) Version 1.14 through 1.16.3, the command is:
/give @p grindstone 1
- For Minecraft Java Edition (Mac/PC) Versions 1.8 and up, Education Edition, Pocket Edition (PE), Windows 10 Edition, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, and PlayStation, the command is:
/give @p grindstone 1 0