Fortnite is a game that has gained popularity all around the world. Like any other title, an extra dose might induce mood swings that lead to boredom. If this is the case, you should look for something else to do. But before installing a new game on your PC, we propose you remove Fortnite and everything else from your computer. Uninstalling Fortnite is quite easy, but there are a few things to know. Also, you may want to remove your account, too. With that said, let’s show you how to uninstall Fortnite on PC and Mac computers.
1. Uninstall Fortnite from Windows Control Panel
In Windows 10, type Control Panel in the search box on the taskbar, and then:
- Select Control Panel. In Windows 7, click Start, and then select Control Panel.
- Go to “View by Category” in the top right corner of the window.
- Select Uninstall a program under “Programs”.
- Right-click Fortnite, and then select Uninstall.
- When prompted, click Yes to confirm that you want to uninstall Fortnite. After removing the game, you can also delete the folder where it was stored.
2. Using a Fortnite Launcher Uninstaller
If you installed Fortnite from the Epic Games Launcher, you can uninstall the game directly. To do so:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher.
- Click Library at the bottom of the window.
- Hover your mouse over Fortnite, and then click the cog icon that appears.
- Click Uninstall, and then click Yes to confirm. Like above, you can delete the game’s folder after uninstalling it.
3. Uninstalling Fortnite for Windows via a Third-party Uninstaller
If you want to completely remove Fortnite from your Windows computer, we recommend using a third-party uninstaller. This type of program will scan your entire system for any traces of the game and remove them quickly and easily. There are plenty of other options out there, and we’ll provide general steps:
- Download and install a third-party uninstaller.
- Launch the program, and then find and select Fortnite in the list of installed programs.
- Click Uninstall, and then click Yes to confirm. Again, the game folder may also be deleted after uninstalling the application.
4. Removing Fortnite from Mac Computers
To uninstall Fortnite on a Mac, you can use the built-in Trash feature or a third-party application. We recommend using the latter option if you want to remove the game and all its files from your system altogether.
- Open Finder, and then click Applications in the sidebar.
- Find Fortnite in the list of applications, and then drag it to the Trash. This will only move the app to the Trash; it won’t delete any associated files.
- To delete these files, open the Trash, right-click on Fortnite, and then select Delete Immediately.
- You can also use a third-party application, such as AppCleaner (no affiliation) to uninstall Fortnite. This program will scan your system for any traces of the game and remove them quickly and easily.
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed AppCleaner, launch the program before clicking the magnifying glass icon at the top.
- Type “Fortnite” into the search bar, and then press Enter.
- Click the checkboxes next to all the files in the results list, and then click Clear at the bottom right of the window. The application will now delete all the selected files from your system.
5. Uninstall Fortnite Manually
You will need to delete the folder where the game is installed. The location of this folder depends on which platform you’re using:
- PC — C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite
- Mac — Users/<your_username>/Library/Application Support/Fortnite
Once you have located the folder, delete it to get rid of all types of content inside. You may need to provide administrator permission to do this.
6. Instructions to Delete Your Fortnite Account (Optional)
Go to the Epic Games website and log in to your account. Now:
- Click on the “Profile” icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- On the General (automatically opens) page, scroll to the bottom and look for the “REQUEST ACCOUNT DELETE” option.
- You can also delete your account by going to the email address and confirming the cancellation procedure with a unique password.
It might take anywhere from one to 14 days to complete the deletion of Fortnite. All account data, accomplishments, and games will be removed. You can also reverse this decision while it is in progress. Our hope is that, by following our in-depth guide on removing Fortnite from your PC, you can uninstall the game promptly and fully. We think the tutorial was useful, whether you have a PC or a Mac. We recommend using a third-party uninstaller if you want to remove Fortnite from your system completely. These programs are designed to scan your entire system for any traces of the game and remove them quickly and easily.