Llamas are such a useful mob in Minecraft that can be used to transport large amounts of items with ease. Commonly found in small herds in mountain and savanna biomes, a Llama can be a great companion. But in order to make them obey you and tame them, you should feed them appropriate food items that they like. Just like in real-life, feeding animals is a great way to tame them in Minecraft as well.
Llamas Eat these things in Minecraft
- Hay Bales
Why should you Feed Minecraft Llamas?
- Feeding llamas will make them follow you. You can tame them and make them follow you wherever you go for several things. Feeding llamas with wheat will increase the temper points by 3 and hay bale will increase it by 6 points. Temper points are basically how fast they will be tamed and let you ride them.
- To ride them around. Once you tame them, you can ride llamas around. They aren’t as fast as many other mobs in the game. However, if you wish to save some energy, you can mount them and ride them around.
- To make them grow faster. You can make llamas grow faster by feeding them. Wheat will increase their growth speed by 10 seconds and hay bale by 1:30 minutes.
- To heal and restore health. You may also feed llamas in case they have been hurt by something. Feeding them wheat will restore 2 hearts and hay bale will restore 10 hearts.
- To breed them. You can breed tamed llamas by feeding them hay bale again. It activates love mode and makes them breed each other.
Things to keep in mind while feeding Llamas
- You cannot feed llamas with any food items other than the ones listed above. If you hold any other food items you will mount them instead.
- While feeding them, make sure that you use the right-click. Accidentally clicking the left mouse button will end up hurting them. It will cause them to walk away from you and make it difficult to tame them.