Playing League of Legends can be extremely rewarding, both in terms of the gameplay experience and the sense of community that comes with it. However, one issue that can arise is when players find themselves in a game where most players speak a different language. This can make communication difficult and, ultimately, lead to a less enjoyable experience. Luckily, there is a way to change the League of Legends language so that you can join games with players who speak yours. Let’s show you how.
1. Change League of Legends Language in the Client
Unsurprisingly, start by opening the League of Legends client. Then:
- Click the “gear” icon at the top-right of the window. This will open up the settings menu.
- In the settings menu, select “Miscellaneous”.
- In the “Miscellaneous” section, find the “Language” drop-down menu and select your preferred language from the list.
- Once you have selected your language, click on the “Save” button located at the bottom of the window.
- Exit out of the settings menu and enjoy playing League of Legends in your chosen language!
2. Change Language in League of Legends Without Switching the Region
This time, log in to your League of Legends account. Now:
- Click the “Store” button located in the upper right corner of the window.
- In the “Store” section, find the “Language” drop-down menu and select your preferred language from the list.
- Once you have decided on a language, click on the “Change” button at the bottom.
- Quit the store screen and begin playing this MOBA game in the language you selected.
3. Utilize League of Legends PBE to Switch the Language
Another way of switching the language in League of Legends is to use its PBE (Public Beta Environment). Start by signing in to your League of Legends account. Now:
- Select the “Store” button in the same spot as above.
- While in the “Store” section, locate and pick the “PBE” drop-down menu.
- Once you have selected PBE, click on the “Create Account” button at the bottom part of the page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create your PBE account. Once you have done so, log in to your new account.
- In the PBE client, click on the “cogwheel” icon located at the top-right of the window. This will open up the settings menu.
- While in that menu, choose “Miscellaneous”.
- In the “Miscellaneous” portion of the page, go to the “Language” drop-down menu and decide on an adequate language.
- Once you have selected your language, click the “Save” button below.
- Quit the menu with settings and continue playing League of Legends in the language you picked.
4. Contact Riot Games Support
Are you still having trouble changing the language in League of Legends? You can reach out to Riot Games support for further assistance this way:
- Sign in to your League of Legends account.
- Click on the “Help & Support” button located at the top-right of the window.
- In that section, find and click the “Submit a Request” button.
- Fill out the form with your personal information and details about your issue. Be sure to include that you are trying to change the game’s language in the description field.
- Once you have submitted the form, Riot Games support will be in touch to help you resolve your issue.
Playing a game in a language that you don’t understand can take the enjoyment away. Changing it to your mother tongue (or one you understand) will undoubtedly make the game far more impactful, immersive, and entertaining. The best way to appreciate the activities, thrills, voice-overs, and other entertainment is in your language. Whenever you want a change, we’ve given you multiple methods to make the switch. Thus, for maximum gratification, take the necessary steps to change the language in League of Legends whenever you need—it’ll be worth it.