ROBLOX is one of the most popular online games, with a strong following among kids. It allows players not only to play games but also to develop theirs, making it both an entertainment and a creative platform. When you create material for others, your name counts. If you registered with a terrible one, you can change your display name on Roblox using the steps we detailed below. The game company initially brought this functionality back in February 2021 but took it away shortly after users started using it excessively.
It has now been reinstated, and you can make the most of it. There are a few things to keep in mind before changing your name willy-nilly, though. Your current username will be displayed next to your new one in parentheses for 30 days. This game is to help your friends find you if they’re looking for your old name. Also, you can only change your name once every 60 days, so choose wisely.
Instructions to Change Name on Roblox for Computers
If you want to change your username on a computer version of Roblox, you can do so on Windows or Mac. Here are the steps to take:
Picking a New Name on Windows PC
Open up a web browser and go to www.roblox.com. Then:
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the “Account” tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Name” field.
- Enter your new username and click on the “Save Changes” button.
- You will be prompted to enter your password again. Do so and then click on the “Confirm” button.
- You will be taken to a page that says “You have successfully changed your name”.
Pick Your Name on Mac
Open a web browser and sign in to your Roblox account on the official website. Do the following now:
- Click on the “Profile” tab.
- Under the “Basic Info” section, click on the “Edit” button.
- Type in your new name and click on the “Save” button.
Your name has now been successfully changed on Roblox.
Changing Your Roblox Name on Android Devices
After opening the Roblox app, do this:
- Tap on the “Settings” cogwheel icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Account Info” option.
- Tap on the “Username” field and enter your new username.
- Tap on the “Done” button to save changes.
How to Alter My Roblox Name on Xbox?
Don’t fret, simply launch Roblox on Xbox and proceed this way:
- From the main menu, go to the gear icon in the upper left corner.
- In the settings drop-down menu, select “Account Info”.
- On that page, select “Edit” next to your username.
- Type in your new username and select “Save”.
- You will be prompted to enter your password to confirm the change. Once you’ve entered your password, your new username will be saved.
Steps to Change Your Name for Roblox on PlayStation
From the main menu of Roblox on your PlayStation, go to “Settings”.
- In the “Settings” menu, select “Account Management”.
- Go ahead and select “Account Information”.
- Go to the “Account Information” menu and select “Profile”.
- In that menu, select “Online ID”.
- Enter your new username in that field and select “Confirm”.
Guide for Changing Your Roblox Display Name
To begin altering a display name for Roblox, visit their website and log in. Then:
- Head to “Account Settings”.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Select “More” from the menu.
- Select “Account Info” after selecting “Account Settings”.
- Pick the “Change Display Name” option (the icon resembles a pencil and paper).
- Enter your new display name and click “Save”.
- Go to “Settings”. Click your username at the top of the page.
- Change your display name there and click “Update Profile”.
And that’s all there is to changing your name on Roblox! Be sure to choose one that represents you and makes it easy for you to remember. Further, if you ever want to modify it again, follow these same steps.