Voice chat on Roblox is a great way to communicate with your friends and other players. It allows you to talk to them without having to type out messages, which can be frustrating if you’re trying to have a conversation. Plus, it’s more fun to talk to people when you can hear their voices. Roblox has made its spatial voice chat available to anyone who has completed their age verification procedure and is aged 13 and up.
Originally produced and developed as a beta feature in February 2021, Roblox’s spatial voice chat was gradually dispersed throughout the site until November 2021, when it became available for public use. Continue reading to learn how to join the in-game vocal communication.
Precautions when enabling voice chat
All users must be age 13 or over to use Roblox voice chat. If you’re not sure how “old” your account is, you can check by visiting the “Account Settings” page. If you’re under 13 and trying to use voice chat, you’ll see an error message telling you that you need to be a certain age to do so. Furthermore, make sure your microphone is plugged in and turned on to start using voice chat.
How to enable voice chat in Roblox?
Making vocal communication possible in Roblox is a simple process that only takes a few seconds to complete. To enable voice chat in Roblox, do the following:
- Log into your account and load up the game you want to play.
- In the game, click on the Settings icon (looks like a cogwheel).
- A new window will pop up. Click on the “Audio” tab.
- In the “Audio” tab, make sure the “Voice Chat” option is set to “Enabled”.
- Close the window and start playing. You should now be able to use voice chat in-game.
Voice chat guide for Roblox
Once turned on, you can proceed to use voice chat in Roblox in these ways:
1. Installing the Roblox app on your mobile device
Download and install the Roblox app on your iOS or Android device.
- Launch the app and sign in with your Roblox username and password.
- Tap the menu icon in the top-left corner of the screen (three horizontal lines).
- Select “Friends” from the menu.
- Find the friend you want to voice chat with and tap their name.
- Tap the “Voice Chat” button at the bottom of the screen.
- When prompted, allow the app to access your microphone.
- Start talking! Your friend will now be able to hear you through their device’s speakers. To end the communication, tap the “Voice Chat” button again.
2. Using the Roblox website
This time, open Roblox on the official website. After signing in:
- Click on the “Communicate” tab located at the top of the screen.
- Select “Voice Chat” from the drop-down menu.
- A list of available voice chat channels will appear. Select the one you wish to join.
- To start talking, click on the “Push to Talk” button located at the bottom of the screen.
3. Downloading the Roblox game client
You can chat with other players using your voice in the game client for Roblox with these steps:
- Open the Roblox game client.
- Click on the “Settings” button located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- In the “Audio” tab, check the “Voice Chat Enabled” option.
- Click on the “Apply” button to save your changes.
- To start voice chatting, simply press the “Voice Chat” key (default is V) while in a game. You can also use the “/voice” command to start or stop voice chat. You’re now ready to chat with other players using your voice.
4. Joining a voice chat-enabled server
On the main screen, go to the “Servers” tab and select the server you wish to join. If voice chat is enabled, there will be an icon next to it. Now:
- In the game, open the chat box by pressing “/”.
- Type in “/voice” to join a voice chat channel. You should see a message indicating that you have joined the channel.
If you are on a mobile device, you can also access voice communication by tapping on the speaker icon in the top right corner of the screen.
5. Enabling voice chat in the settings menu
To enable voice chat in the Roblox settings menu:
- Click the gear icon to open the Settings menu.
- In the “General” tab, check the “Allow Voice Chat” option under “Voice Settings”.
- Save your changes at the bottom of the page. You should now be able to use voice chat in-game.
6. General steps for turning voice chat on
Once you have installed or logged in to any of these platforms, you can join or create a voice chat by following these steps:
- Select the “Voice Chat” option from the menu.
- Choose the “Join Voice Chat” option.
- Pick the server you want to join from the list of available ones.
- Follow the prompts to enable your microphone and start talking! To leave a voice communication, select the “Leave Voice Chat” option from the menu.