Fortnite is all about attempting to be the last player standing out of the 100 players on the island. If you’re working your way through the weekly objectives in the game, though, you must learn to dance. We will demonstrate how to perform the most popular in-game dances. The first thing you need to do is find a spot where you can do so. Fortnite has several designated areas where players can boogie down, but any open space will do. Let’s start.
Overview of Dancing in Fortnite
To dance in Fortnite, you will need to have the game downloaded and installed on your computer, console, or mobile device. Afterward:
- Open the game and start playing.
- Open the Battle Royale menu and select the “Dance” tab. It would help if you first went to your “Locker” from the lobby screen.
- Once you’re there, go down to the emoticon slots on the second row and make certain you have at least one “dance” emote chosen. From there, you can select one of the available dances to perform.
There are dozens of different dances in Fortnite, and more are added with each new season. Hold down the dancing button and scroll through the list to see all the available options. When you find one you like, release the button to start busting a move. Players can perform most dances in Fortnite solo or with a group of players. If you’re dancing with others, everyone will need to press the dancing button simultaneously to do the synchronized dance.
Instructions to Dance On PC Version of Fortnite
To dance in Fortnite on PC, you’ll need to bring up the emote wheel. You can do this by pressing B on your keyboard. Once the wheel is up, use your mouse to select the dance you want to use, and you’ll start dancing away. You can also type “/dance” in the chat.
Guide to Perform a Dance in Fortnite for Xbox
Open Fortnite on your Xbox console (One, Series X or S). Now:
- Select the “Battle Royale” game mode.
- Once you’ve loaded into the game, press down on the D-pad on your Xbox controller or the with the right analog stick, and press A to open the main menu.
- From the main menu, select the “Dance” option.
- The dance emote you choose will be performed by your character in-game.
Steps for Dancing in PlayStation Fortnite Versions
To dance in Fortnite on PlayStation 4 or 5, you will also need to use down arrow button of the D-pad. Once you have chosen your emote, press the “□” button to start dancing. Your character will start busting some moves to the beat! You can also hold down the button to make your character do an emote, which is a longer animation. To stop dancing or emoting, release it.
Instructions to Dance in Fortnite on Nintendo Switch
The Nintendo Switch has unique controls that can be a little confusing for first-time players. Luckily, that doesn’t apply to dancing. Follow these steps to dance in Fortnite on the Nintendo Switch:
- Press the down arrow button.
- Once the emote wheel appears, use the movement stick on the right to select a dance.
- Let go of both buttons and the character will begin emoting.
Performing Fortnite Dances On Mobile (Android and iOS)
Dancing on mobile requires you to look out for the ‘i’ in a speech bubble in the top right corner of your screen and select the suitable section. This will bring up the emote wheel, letting you select the dance you want using a touchscreen.
That’s all there is to it. Get out there and start showing off your best moves. Be sure to watch out for enemy players while you’re busy dancing; Fortnite can be a dangerous place, even when you’re just trying to have some fun. If you’ve ever tried it waltzing around, you would agree that Fortnite has been getting crazier and crazier as time goes on. The new additions have been positively innovating the game.