Looking for instructions on making a bucket? Good on you! A single bucket allows you to pick up water, milk, or lava. You can milk a cow, fill it with fish, create a pond, lake, or waterfall, or intricate lava death trap guaranteed to kill your enemies. A bucket also comes useful when exploring deep caves. By scooping a source, you can drain an entire pool of water or lava, providing safe passage. Plus, you can combine water and lava to create Obsidian. With that in mind, here’s how to make a bucket in Minecraft.
Materials required to make a Bucket
The recipe to create a bucket in Minecraft is simple. You need:
- 3x Iron Ingot
To make a Bucket in Minecraft
Like many complex items, crafting a bucket requires you to have a Crafting Table in front of you.
- Access the Crafting Table menu.
- Press ZL on the controller on Wii U or Nintendo Switch.
- Use the right-click on your mouse on Windows 10 Edition, Java Edition (PC and Mac), and Education Edition.
- Tap on the block on Pocket Edition (PE).
- Press the L2 button on PlayStation.
- Press the LT button on the controller on Xbox.
- You will now see an empty 3×3 grid.
- Place materials mentioned above like this:
- First row. In the first block, place Iron Ingot, leave the second block empty, then place Iron Ingot in the third block.
- Second row. Leave the first block empty. In the second block, place Iron Ingot. Leave the third block empty.
- Third row. Leave it empty.
- If you did everything right, an empty bucket will show up in the block in the top right corner.
- Move the bucket to your inventory.
Minecraft command for Bucket
We probably don’t need to tell you that adding a bucket to your inventory is available via the Creative Mode menu. However, you’d have to browse the list until you find the item.
A more convenient way is to enable Minecraft cheats. Then, by using Minecraft commands, you can add a specific item immediately.
- Are you on Java Edition Version 1.13-1.16.3? If so, the command is:
/give @p bucket 1
- Are you on Java Edition Version 1.8 and up, Education Edition, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, PlayStation, or Windows 10 Edition, or Pocket Edition (PE)? In that case, the command is:
/give @p grindstone 1 0